Sport events occur in either closed arenas, open air stadiums, or open fields. Here is how ABonAir overcomes the challenges each poses and offer unique solutions.
Closed Arenas: Basketball, Ice Hockey, Athletics
Many sport events such as basketball, Ice Hockey, Bike racings, atheltics and others, are taking place in closed arenas or stadiums. Thousnds of people are gathered in a close place, excited, shouting, filming the event on their smartphones and sending the videos to others who could not attend this esciting event.
For those who are home, watching on their screen as the live event goes on, every bit of a second counts. They are expecting to see every second of the game from every angle. With a wired camera, this is a hard task. This is the place for a wireless solution.
The Challenges for a live broadcast in a closed arena
- In most if not in all closed arenas, the main building is made from hard surface materials like concrete, so coverage is limited from entrance to within the venue, inside the tunnel or locker rooms, and behind grand stands (concourse area).
- The nature of dynamics in a closed arena, whereas people are exited, shouting loud, waving and clapping, thus creating extra noise that is amplified in closed arenas.
- Many smartphone devices, large number of seats (under 50K), network DAS Antennas, microphones, etc. will cause expected wireless interferences.
ABonAir offers the perfect solution based on the deployment of a Fiber Coverage Extender anywhere within the arena, venue, tunnel or locker room. A Fiber Coverage Extender can cover 100% of the venue with a robust signal, aggregating signal bounce from walls (MIMO radio), and flexibility of shooting angles and locations within the arena. The system also offers full Camera Control (RCP) for paint/shading, same as with wired cameras, and combined with high-quality video compression (H.264 high profile). We recommend the AB507 (HD) for small arenas and the AB612 (4K) or AB512 (HD) for large arenas.
Open Stadiums: Football, Soccer, Baseball, Tennis and More
- Large coverage area
- High range due to the long distance between cameras and the control room or OB van
- Physical obstacles (like scoreboard signs)
- Many broadcast networks and hence coordination is required
- Large number of seats (>50K)
- DAS antennas expected wireless blind-spots (none line of sight)
- Coverage within/between indoors to outdoors, locker room/tunnel area
Fiber Coverage Extender enabling antenna deployment anywhere within the arena including tunnel/locker room and optimal signal design based on structure of the venue. The ABonAir solution provides excellent coverage for indoor/outdoor deployment and for OB Truck or control room fiber patch to receiver. Solution includes full Camera Control (RCP) for paint/shading the same as with wired cameras, with high quality video compression (H.264 high profile).
We recommend the AB507 (HD) for small stadiums and the AB612 (4K) or AB512 (HD) for large stadiums with the Fiber Coverage Extender for best coverage of locker room and concession areas.
Open Field: Golf, Ski Resorts, Race-Tracks, Horse Racing
- Outdoor and open air activities take place in wide and large areas where spectators want to see every move at every corner. Cameras need to be almost everywhere, covering all angles meeting the challenge of overlapping coverage zones
- Physical obstacles such as trees and ponds
- Range limitations
- Broadcast network coordination
- Coverage of both indoor and outdoor environments
ABonAir offers the perfect solution based on the deployment of a Fiber Coverage Extender with multi zone coverage and daisy chain antennas, including indoor/outdoor coverage based on field layout of the venue. Using single-mode fiber infrastructure to connect several sites to a receiver control room or OB Truck). Solution includes full Camera Control (RCP) for paint/shading the same as with wired cameras, and combined with high quality video compression (H.264 high profile). We recommend the AB612 (4K) or the AB512 (HD) with a Fiber Coverage Extender for best coverage of multiple areas.
Get a Demo
Experience the best professional wireless broadcast system! Give us your details and we will get back to you shortly.